With Golovkin vs Monroe Jr just 48 hours away, here’s a chance to take a look through HBO’s Gennady Golovkin Greatest Hits.
Since his American debut against Grzegorz Proksa, the Kazakhstan phenomenon has dished out a hellish amount of pain on all who’ve stood in his way. With every demolition job, he’s sent shock waves of fear throughout the Middleweight ranks. The powerhouse-pressure fighter has amassed 32 wins, 29 knockouts, no losses, and will be defending his IBO Middleweight and WBA (Super) Middleweight titles on Saturday.
Among his 19 consecutive knockout victories, notable victims have included:
- Curtis Stevens, who was dropped in the 2nd round, and retired in the 8th
- Matthew Macklin, who was knocked out from a sickening body shot in the 2nd round
- Daniel Geale, knocked down in the 2nd round, and stopped in the 3rd
- Marco Antonio Rubio, knocked out in the 2nd round
- and Martin Murray, knocked down twice in the 4th round, once in the 10th, and stopped in the 11th
But does New York’s Willie Monroe Jr. have what it takes to upset the odds at the Forum, California? Or will he simply become another fighter to be mangled by the teeth of the Golovkin machine?
Remember to head back to BoxingBase.com on Friday where you can catch all the buzz from the pre-fight weigh-in. And to also check back in on Saturday night for our prediction, plus a full Golovkin vs Monroe Jr report following the fight.
So who are you picking for this bout? Does Monroe Jr pose any kind of threat to ‘GGG’? Let us know in the comments below!
The BoxingBase.com writing staff provide worldwide boxing news, coverage and analysis – they can be contacted via email and social media.