At the Manchester Arena, England, the Crolla vs Barroso weigh-in got underway without any hitches. Newly-crowned WBA Lightweight champ Anthony Crolla came in at 134.5 pounds, with dangerous Venezuelan challenger Ismael Barroso tipping at the same. Both fighters looked in fine shape ahead of their championship 12-rounder, with the defending Crolla lifting his partisan crowd by screaming triumphantly on the podium.
These fighters are coming in off exclamation point victories, with Crolla getting his revenge over then-WBA champ Darleys Perez via 5th round KO last November, and Barroso a 5th round TKO of Kevin Mitchell a month later. Crolla will enter the ring with 30 wins, 12 knockouts, 4 defeats, 2 draws, and Barroso a fearsome 19 wins, 18 knockouts, 2 draws. This could well be the sleeping giant of the weekend, folks.
Seconds Out cameras caught all the weigh-in action:
Crolla vs Barroso Undercard Weigh-In Results
- Shayne Singleton (146.5 lbs) vs Adil Anwar (144.5 lbs) – 12 rounds, Lightweight
- Marcus Morrison (159.5) vs Jefferson Luiz De Souza (159.5) – 10 rounds, Middleweight
- Martin Murray (171.5) vs Cedric Spera (166.5) – 8 rounds, Super Middleweight
- Hosea Burton (179) vs Michal Ludwiczak (180.5) – 8 rounds, Light Heavyweight
- Tommy Coyle (141) vs Reynaldo Mora (137.5) – 6 rounds, Lightweight
Cast your predictions ahead of Crolla vs Barroso in the comments, readers. Is this first title defense far too risky for Crolla? Or is it the less experienced Barroso who is in for the shock treatment on Crolla’s home turf tomorrow night?